Monday, July 02, 2007

Holiday time!

At last it's the school holidays again. We've been having a quiet time, staying in bed late, doing lots of reading. Lovely.

I found some wool that I'd dyed with food colouring about a year ago, Helen asked me to make wool that looked like lava. This weekend I turned it into a pair of slippers for her, which she's been dancing around in. Oh, how that girl loves to dance!

I made the pattern up as I went along, and for once I seem to have been able to make two the same! I know I really should write things down as I go, but where's the fun in that?

Today I've sent off my application email for the next Craft 2.0 to be held at the Dowse in August. Fingers crossed they let me in! I'm hoping that if I *do* get accepted, I might meet some of the very talented ladies whose blogs I frequent, selling their wares there too.

On Wednesday the girls and I take off to Christchurch for a few days with my sister and her family. So far the only plans we have are for the girls to attend a class at the bead shop in the Arts Centre on Friday. I shall be hunting out some special beads for ring making, I think. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to know what pattern you used for those - they're awesome!