Friday, June 30, 2006

I ♥ Paisley swap day!

So, today I finished my crafting for the "I ♥ paisley" swap. Nothing like a rapidly approaching deadline to get me motivated! I'll post pics at some stage, maybe once the things have arrived at their destination. In the meantime, take a look at the lovely stuff other (better organised!) Paisley Swappers have made and exchanged.

And in other news, some friends and I did a little bit of thrifty shopping today at the Salvation Army store in town. Got a gorgeous pink gingham circle skirt for our dress-up box for 50c, which Helen promptly decided is hers and has worn for the rest of the day. Also found a pair of cute etched glass tumblers which the girls used for their dinner-time drinks while I had my customary Friday night glass of red anti-oxidant.

Tomorrow the re-branded Methodist thrift store "Wesley Vintage" opens at 10 o'clock. Through the window we spotted lots of strands of big faceted acrylic beads for just $2, so I'm setting my alarm clock tonight!

No comments: